So this time, I have a really good excuse for being MIA. For the purposes of this blog, meet Gracious. She was born 10/9/10. She weighed 5lbs and 14oz and 18 inches long. My water broke the night before. I was 36 weeks and 6 days and 4 and half hours from full term. Despite jaundice and a little bit of family drama, we are all doing well. She is perfect and I am falling in love all over again. Hopefully, I will write more on the birth story later.
Sunday, October 3, 2010
Thank you for your support during a very whiny day! I am happy to report that I am feeling much better.
- My excitement for the day is that belly button became an outie. It is the little things.
- We have been talking about going to the movies more because we know that it will be difficult once Baby Girl arrives. We saw Catfish and Freakonomics this weekend. Both interesting movies that make you think. Hopefully, we will be able to continue this for the next few weeks. I love going to the movies.
- The house is finally at a manageable state. I have only one and half more rooms that I am responsible for, so I feel better. I finally feel like we live here. There is still much more decorating and picture hanging to go, but I figure we are in this house for the long haul and I have time.
- My MIL is coming tomorrow for a few days. She is primarily coming to take a Grandparents class on Tuesday and "to help". I am excited for her to take the grandparents class and hear about it. She is a very kind woman with the best of intentions, but sometimes she tells me what to do too much and sometimes not in very nice ways. I used to let this stuff roll off my back, but pregnancy hormones aren't allowing that. Plus, I think I am going to get a bit more assertive when it comes to my child, so we will see how this goes.
- I think a good friend may have stumbled across my blog. She causally mentioned a few things the other day on the telephone that were things I had written here. She could just be observing the same things I am (i.e. not many people bought things off my registry at the shower), but I am not 100% sure. She is still in the trenches of infertility, so it is possible she came across it innocently enough. I haven't really said anything on here that I would worry about, but still, I want this blog to be anonymous.
- My Mom had both my sister and me prematurely. I was born at 32 weeks and 5 days. My sister was born at 35 weeks and 4 days. Now that I have surpassed both of those days, my anxiety has gone way down. I never realized how nervous I was about premature births until they came to pass. I know things can still happen, but I feel better about it. Give me a few days and some internet searches and I am sure I can find something to worry about though.
- Besides the lack of sleep and this bowling ball I am carrying around, I feel pretty good. I am surprisingly OK with the lack of sleep these days. However, I do believe that at the end of this process is designed to make you so uncomfortable that you are willing to go to through a very painful experience just to know that you can get comfortable again at some point in the near future.
Bottom line, 27 more days to go!
Pictures by Sandra Coan Photography